Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
2012 CIT and Ed Tech Conference: "Transforming Teaching and Learning"
Thursday, May 10, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Boston, United States
A Collaborative Initiative sponsored by the Center for Innovative Teaching, IT / Educational Technology, Healey Library, University College, and the Office of Faculty Development
Whether you’ve been working with a variety of approaches to enhance student learning, integrating specific technologies into your teaching, or trying out new ways of assessing student work, this conference is a great opportunity to learn from many of our colleagues, and to share your own experiencess. Topic areas include:
- Acknowledging and building on students' backgrounds, experiences, & knowledge
- Encouraging student collaboration with Blackboard, blogs, or wikis
- Engaging students in reading and writing across the curriculum
- Responding to the needs of diverse learners
- Using multimedia to enhance teaching & learning
- Undertaking research on teaching and learning
- Integrating eBooks into your curriculum
- Creating dynamic approaches to course content
- Using Library resources to support student learning
Click here for the complete program including details on speakers and sessions.
Or copy and paste the Event URL into your browser:
When & Where
CIT, Healey Library, and Educational Technology at UMass Boston
This is once again a combined CIT / Ed Tech Conference featuring 27 sessions by faculty and staff on teaching and learning.
Opening Remarks at 8:30 a.m: Anne Agee, Vice Provost for Technology; Daniel Ortiz, University Librarian; Vivian Zamel, Center for Innovative Teaching; Winston Langley, Provost and Vice Chancellor, Academic Affairs; Keith Motley, Chancellor
Keynote at 9:00 a.m.: "Media and Digital Literacy via Asian American Studies Pedagogies of Wholeness,” Prof. Shirley Tang and Students Tri Quach, Pratna Kem, Chu Huang.
All events will take place in the Healey Library.